Sunday, September 28, 2008

typical




As any true sports fan would agree, there's nothing positive about your team losing. Getting 4 shots at winning or at least taking the lead in a game, and blowing each of them with THE SAME PLAY CALL...now thats just salting a wound. I spent the first half of the sunday night showdown between the bears and eagles at a dive bar in hazelton called 4th St. One dickhead sitting next to me with a demarcus ware probowl dallas cowboys jersey on, another dickhead with a jerry rice jersey from 89', the biggest dorkass with an eli manning jersey and matching hat, and a few incoherent philly fans who i associated with. i can't lie, i thought that we were gonna pull away from this one at any moment. our defense would completely dominate, with our offense coming out looking flat (with certain exception). but nothing hurt more than the final 8 minutes where we drove 75 yards to be jammed 4 CONSECUTIVE TIMES at the goal line due to some truly stellar play calling from Mr. Andy Reid and co. typical. totally typical. i actually witnessed this happen IRL last year vs. the seahawks, where i sat in the freezing rain gripping my fingers to not fall victim to hypothermia...we blew that one too.

my anger led me to my mom's house to watch the rest of the game in silence knowing that i can't handle others in that type of atmosphere. i smashed the footstool so hard with my fist that i not only woke up the dog, but woke mom up as well who then told me to get it together. i said 'get out of my face'. then i apologized in saying the tiger got out of the cage and i didn't mean that.


my roommate texted me immediately with a "how about dem bears" statement. instead of shooting off a "go fuck yourself", all i could say was "thanks". that summed it up.

1 comment:

kat said...

i feel your pain. i was screaming at the tv to the point where i was losing my voice. to make matters worse my brother would text me every so often to rub it in. he's a bears fan. and a homo. well, he's not really a homo but his wife looks like a dude...and he's a bears fan....

immediately following the game i watched 'invincible'. i love that movie, it always ends well. :)