Friday, September 26, 2008

blackberry, you're addicted.

For my entire residency working for an authorized Verizon Wireless dealer, i swore off using a blackberry. always thought they were cool but never thought i needed the extra $30 in my monthly bill. About 4 months ago, i changed my mind when the Curve was released. Is it even worth saying that i am a converted believer ?

Why do i like blackberry, and why does everyone i know also like blackberry? It seems like my BBM contacts have been growing considerably on a daily basis. i'm not complaining. The upsides: google's mobile applications. Having one touch access to 3 of the accounts i have on google is amazing. Full access, including sent mail, starred emails (great for paying bills or reminders), full list of contacts, mobile drafts in no service areas (not too many of those in the usa thanks), and the previously mentioned meandering amongst the 3 accounts at one button touch. blackberry messenger is also an amazing feature that i use daily, connecting media in seconds to any of the contacts in my list. when i returned from my last european trip, i turned my phone on and couldn't pull my head up for approximately 3 hours. It's a blessing and a curse but at least i know that in a seconds time i can be on wikipedia learning about the epiphone elitist series when im sitting at music-go-round in wilkes-barre,pa.

With the way our society is advancing, i'd feel pretty confident in saying that in 2-3 years, 80% of mobile devices purchased will be either blackberry or iPhone. Who knows what these phones will be capable of in that time? It's cool but it's also frightening. My first phone was purchased for me in my senior year of high school . It was the Nokia candy bar phone, where the only option of multimedia was to play snake.

To wrap up my little blackberry rant for the afternoon of Friday, the 26th, i'd like to add that if we are friends and you are using this little heartbeater...send me your pin. We can totally send each other stuff!

1 comment:

Display Name said...

amir: 31B21B7B
Get at the Kid!