Monday, January 19, 2009

who are you ?

I haven't posted an entry since i was in Japan. That does not mean i haven't been thinking about doing so. There have been so many events, life situations, transformations and daily dilemmas that i just couldn't get to jotting them out of my mind to blog. Well I've reaffirmed my faith in writing as a way of releasing after reading other "web logs". I've also decided that the ever popular "picture" posts (i'm SO guilty of this) are done for. I'm writing once a week. I'm writing about something. Personal, Open, whatever.

A little personal update for anyone who cares to know. I've recently returned to the state of my birth. The beautiful and legitimately freezing Pennsylvania. I've been staying with my family here for about 3 weeks now, working for the "family business" (doesn't that sound so mob like). I'm a field sampler for an environmental testing laboratory. To make more sense of those words, i sample stuff to a very specific method. A typical monday will find me at the Sewer Authority pouring "shit" into a small bottle, then returning that to our laboratory where several skilled "scientists" analyze and evaluate its contents. It may not be glamorous, but i actually really enjoy what i do. I get to travel around the great Keystone state to specific site locations. I've gotten good at waking up 30 minutes before my alarm, at approximately 6:40 a.m. My friends at Lakeview can concur that this is a truly monumental event in my life. Last month i was waking up at 3 p.m., zombie driving to starbucks with a boner. Now i'm doing that like 7 hours earlier!

In all seriousness though, it just goes to show you how crazy your life can be. You never know what can happen tomorrow. My last blog posting was from somewhere in Japan. I went to Japan because i played guitar in a hardcore band. Now i'm not bragging, but that's pretty fucking cool. Now i'm sitting in my kitchen listening to Led Zeppelin with a little bit of tea, taking a break from mentally planning out my schedule for tomorrow morning.

I've been thinking (for months actually) of trying yoga. I'd also like to do some more physically challenging activities. Maybe rock climbing. Without having to mention playing music, i will always be doing that.
See you next week.

1 comment:

Caey Smith said...

2020 Lakeview bedroom 4 RIP - happy to hear you wake up before afternoon though ;)